Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mr. and Mrs. Risque Pillow Cases

These I made for a Bridal Shower for a friend.  They were a big hit!  All the ladies wanted to know where i got them!  These are great if you're just not sure if scandalous lingerie will go over well with the bride to be or *cough*  her grandmother.  As I said EVERY ONE loved them.  I was so happily surprised!  So I stamped the smaller letters across the middle with clear stamps, and the bigger block lettering I used freezer paper for a stencil.  I am in love with freezer paper!    The Mr. Pillow says "In the Mood?," and the Mrs. pillow says "Yes!!!" on one side and "Dream on Mr." on the other.  What a cute bedtime game to play as newly weds!

Here they are wrapped up all cute!  So much fun!


{....SO You'll Need: }
Freezer paper (about $6 at Wal mart for a huge roll, I was so excited to get it I was hugging the ginormous roll the whole time while shopping.  I'm sure my guy thought I was nuts.)
SOFT fabric paint(not puff)  I used tulip matte soft fabric paint in Ebony (about $1 Michael's)
Cheapy sponge brush
Matching bows($2.50 clearance WM)
Needle and matching thread
Pillow Cases($6 Walmart/ color: vanilla dream)
Cardboard pieces(to go in between the pillow case, so the paint doesn't leak through to the other side)
Iron
X-acto Knife
Clear stamp ABC set
Printout of Mr. and Mrs.
Masking tape(to mark where the letters go)

I printed out the text and just taped it over the freezer paper.  I then cut out the print with an X-acto knife.  Now you're freezer paper stencils are ready.  Then I ironed the freezer paper stencil, waxy side down, onto the hem of each pillow opening where I wanted them. Make sure you don't fold or crease where the stencil is ironed on, or the stencil might bubble and start to come up. 

Gently Paint a coat of fabric paint onto the pillow so as not to get paint under the freezer paper where you don't want it.  I painted 2 coats, but it's not necessary.  Let COMPLETELY dry before you pull off the f. paper.  It was very hard to wait...  I was so excited!



After that I put a cardboard piece in between the layers of fabric, marked with tape in the middle, and stamped on the letters with the same fabric paint. It was a little tricky getting just the right amount of paint on the stamp. I kinda painted it on the stamp with the sponge brush, which turned out the best. Let completely dry, then do the other side of the Mrs. pillow.
Sew on the bow where you want it, and you have an adorable gift!

   
Inspiration from: Kari at Ucreate

No comments:

Post a Comment